23 June 2015

Woman in White



When Surf Laundry enquired about my dress size after I RSVP'd to an event they would be hosting, I wondered what was in store. I never imagined that it would be a dress that closely resembled the most popular dress worn by one of my style and beauty icons, Marilyn Monroe. Needless to say, I was thrilled when I saw it.


What makes this stunner of a dress even more exciting is that it is a mutable concept dress. In other words, it can be styled in more than one way. In five different ways to be exact. Besides the way in which I am wearing it, it can also be worn as a boob tube, asymmetrically (over one shoulder) and then simply as a skirt! 

The dress is by local clothing label Black Coffee, which was founded by distinguished designer Jacques van der Watt.

Surf Laundry gifted us with the dress at the launch of their new Surf Auto clothing detergent. The event was marked by the concept of Women in White. These are women who are confident, vibrant and whose positive influence inspire other women to attain great things in life, no matter what obstacles come in their way. We were given a challenge to wear the dress, take a picture in it and pass it on to another woman who we find inspiring. The process of passing it on would continue until the dress goes through five women, all while we keep it white and bright by washing it with Surf Auto.

I am honoured to have received the dress and thereby being acknowledged as a Woman in White. While I will always strive to inspire others, it makes me feel that I have already started to accomplish what I had set out to do when I started my journey in blogging. Many people may wonder why we as bloggers take pictures of ourselves and share it. And of course, many will have their negative opinions and pass it off as us wanting attention or money. Yet none of these things crossed my mind when I started. I was always interested in fashion, design and even acting (lol), and I found this to be a great way to somewhat fulfill those interests. I was inspired by many YouTube personalities as I always got some great ideas from them. They opened me up to many new and different styles and fashion and I love how I evolved. I then wanted to do the same for others and started my own YouTube Channel, where I too shared my idea's on outfits. I absolutely loved doing it as it was not only a way for me to be in touch with the fashion world, but also to release my creative side through the editing of videos. I found this to be a good balancing out of the activities in my life, since my legal profession is a bit more staunch. So on the one hand, I find myself prancing around, taking pictures in cute girly dresses, and on the other hand I am walking upright in an all black and serious outfit, cloaked in a black court robe. It's so different, yet I enjoy it. It goes to show that life can encompass whatever you want it to if you really put your mind to it.

I have certainly been faced with many obstacles. Life has thrown some pretty awful surprises along my way. And there was many a time I felt as though I couldn't go on and wished the ground would just swallow me whole. But you know that saying? 'You don't know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have'.  Couldn't be more true. I chose to be strong and most of all, positive. This I guarantee can carry you a long way.

So if there is anything you want to do in life, I have three words for you.


GO 

FOR 

IT.














Once again, thank you to Surf Laundry for the wonderful event and especially for this beautiful dress.

I nominate Nikhita Trikam as the inspiring lady to whom I will be passing on this dress. I will do a special post on that when she wears it so keep a look out!



Until next time, have a great day, or night, wherever you are.



xoxo
Angel




No comments :

Post a Comment