08 August 2014

My Vacation with the Gods



Guess whose back? Back again. Angel's back, tell a friend. Whaaaaa!

Lol, was that like totally annoying? Not if you are a fan of Eminem's song 'Just Lose It'. Whether a fan or not, shame on you if you didn't make the connection! You hurt Shady's feelings! He does read my blog after all. That of course being in a far far away place called my dreams.

Anyhoo, so ya, I'm back. Well, not entirely. I'm semi-back.

So where oh where have I been? The answer lies in the picture above. I was in between the clouds, sipping on sparkling red wine and eating grapes with me fellow Greek Gods and Goddesses. Hercules says hi by the way. He plans on making a trip to earth in the near future. He will provide me with exact details closer to the time so you better be nice to me if you want to meet the chunk of a hunk. Oh and Zeus, he is such a softie! Who would have thought considering they always depict him as this God that is practically made of thunder and lightning. Hercules totally has him wrapped around his finger. When it comes to his folks, that guy is the epitome of a man child. Thank goodness he is nothing like that as soon as they're out of sight. Then he goes into a complete state of Alpha male. So ladies, brace yourselves. Just don't go acting like little puppies around him ok. He likes strong women. And by that I mean confident, not muscle lol. I think he has more than enough of that in his life. He didn't quite like it when I showed him my muscled arms.

I must tell you, they sure have the best grapes and wine. I often wonder where they harvest it cos there sure ain't no grape vines up there. There are beautiful big fields filled with flowers in virtually every colour that can be seen with the naked eye. I just loved taking a run through it and just flopping down once my reality of how unfit I am hit me. If I should take a guess as to where they get their grapes and wine, it has to be South Africa. It is the best in that department. I'm serious, just go and ask that Mr. Know-it-all Google.


So that's where I've been, until I had to wake up every morning so that I could take my medication. That's right, medication. Some nasty ones in between I tell you. Boy did I have some traumatizing moments. We're talking pain, gagging and no eating. If you thought I was skinny before, then I'm pretty sure that you will be the one gagging if you see my skin and bones now. But no worries, the pancakes I had earlier and this chocolate dessert I'm having now are all part of a scheme to get some meat in between. So reality is, reality sucked. It's nice to take a break from everything, but this break was not of the most pleasant kinds. But it was a good time for me to reflect on a lot of things in my life. I am more motivated and certainly appreciate everything much more. I have taken a dark period in my life and made something positive of it by learning from it and being motivated by it. I only wish we all could get these lessons in life. It might just result in a more appreciative, compassionate and motivated society.


So here I am, looking back at the past nearly 2 months with a zombie face. But at least this zombie face has got a smile on it because it was the product of a  life lesson learnt well.

Very often it's hard to see anything good in bad experiences, but if we really sit down, close our eyes and reflect. Even if it means nitpicking, we will see good in it. ;)

By the way, have you seen my latest outfit post. No? Well head on over to it. it's got a Unicooorn :)

In the picture above I'm actually wearing the same ensemble as in this post so if you'd like to see and know more, head on over to it.

Until next time, have a good day, or night, wherever you are!


visit me on



xoxo
Angel

8 comments :

  1. Angel, I couldn't agree more with you more about there being some good in bad experiences! Tough times in life are never fun, but they do show us how strong we are. If we are willing to look, we can see the little (and sometimes big) blessings in our pain and and struggles. Glad you are back!

    Robyn
    http://feelgreatfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful picture!

    http://beautyfollower.blgospot.gr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love being creative with my pictures :)

      Delete
  3. My Dear. I am sorry for what you went through but I am happy for the positive outcome. Here's to your full on comeback because I know I am looking forward to everything you've got to bring. So bring it! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Angel. Sorry to hear that you went through a rough time and I am glad you are back. It's nice seeing your feed again on instagram and the blog. Sovanny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sovanny! Thank you so much my dear. I sure missed seeing everyone else on Instagram too. Looking forward to seeing more of you too

      xoxo

      Delete