10 May 2017

Ripped




If you were to see me walking down the street in casual clothing, eating ice-cream and joking around, would you guess that I have a law degree and that I am a qualified attorney who has represented clients at criminal and other courts? Probably not, right? While we shouldn't be judging a book by its cover, we do it anyway. And more often than not, judging someone just by looking at them is probably the worst way to evaluate a person. One thing people tend to look at is the way someone dresses, or how they are during their time off; and I can assure you that these factors are not a reflection of a person's character and especially not their intellect. I, personally, love clothes that compliment my body shape and I giggle a lot. My personality is so diverse. I love to joke around for a good laugh! But there are people, especially those who know me only as a lawyer, who have never seen that side of me. I love fun, adventure, dancing, stuffing my face, relaxing with a glass of semi-sweet, sparkling red wine and goofing around. But I can also come across as very quiet and reserved. And no, I am not bipolar lol! It just boils down to the level of comfort with my surroundings and various people; and of course work vs play. I know when to be serious and what requires strict professionalism. Not that you won't see a smile on my face when I'm in my lawyer suit. but I go into a very professional state of mind when I am. We have people covered in tattoos and piercings from head to toe, whose high level of knowledge and wit will astound you! But our minds are conditioned to think that these people are dumb, half-wits, weirdo's, etc etc. So, bottom line, we stereotype. A trait that has become all too common in humans. A person's character, ripped to pieces, based on the preconceived ideas of a cruel society.



Having recently gone back into blogging, I have adopted a new mindset that makes it much more pleasant. I just don't care what anyone thinks. And most importantly, I don't care if negative people or anyone else for that matter, do not like my content. Perhaps I am seen as a fake and self-centered bubble-head fashionista, who knows.

 If you don't know me by now, you will never never never know me, ooOOooh! ♪ 


So now that that's out of the way, let's get into this outfit! I know, finally! Haha! So, when I got to the States just over a year ago, I very quickly discovered a little big store called Fashion Nova. This was before celebrities such as Kylie Jenner, Blac Chyna, Amber Rose and a bunch of others sported their clothing on Instagram. I was besotted with their clothing, especially their jeans, which are mostly high waist. Shit, they even have super high waist! So needless to say, they are right up my alley. Their pictures don't lie. What you see is what you get and that is not often with online ordering. I recently went on a birthday splurge and got a few pairs of jeans and this lovely gold plated choker you see in this outfit. I was never a fan of ripped jeans, but it started appealing to me a lot recently. So this distressed high waist pair of jeans made it in to my cart and into my heart.


You can see the complete nail design here, and more of the jacket here.





















Say Yes to Distress Jeans |  Fashion Nova

Bad Girls Club Choker in Gold  |  Fashion Nova

Shoes (Maarla) |  Steve Madden

Rings | Forever 21



Now go have some fun. Wear what you want. Do what you want. Seriously. Be fucking free!


xoxo
Angel

No comments :

Post a Comment