15 December 2016

Suede Shift Dress



Wow. It feels great to be writing here again. This past year... Waaait, isn't it crazy how 2016 can already be referred to as this past year? I mean, it's still got about 2 weeks of life left in it, but for the most part, it's over and done. I'm not even going to say it's unbelievable because it's more than that. I am literally stunned. But as I was saying, this past year has seen one of the biggest changes in my life. I moved to a country far, far away from the Mother City. And boy, am I missing the city. Not that the city I find myself in now is much different. In fact, it's very similar to home. And I mean, very. Except, you know, Kylie Jenner and some of my favorite international bloggers are a mere hour or two away from me! But home is home and that is where your heart will always be.


Since I've been in my new habitat, I've had quite a bit of free time. You'd have expected the blog posts to roll out more than ever, right!? But having to start from fresh and learning how to be a "home manager" (I'm so use to my family doing everything with or for me lol) in a new country, I just wasn't in the blogging state of mind.


So let's move on to the outfit, which I shot months ago. I wasn't happy with the way it came out (lighting, angles etc, you know the drill) and decided to redo it. But I never got around to actually redoing it. One of the pictures somehow kept popping up as the desktop background as if it was saying "hello-o, I'm still here, waiting on my debut!".  And eventually I gave in to it's cries.


This delightful little suede shift dress is one of the items I chose for my collaboration with online clothing shop, Tobi. It caught my eye because I had been obsessed with getting a brown suede dress ever since I saw Kylie rocking that brown suede dress last fall. Although her's was a bodycon, I still liked the idea of the brown suede. And I have to say, I absolutely love the fabric. It feels very soft and smooth against the skin and to the touch. The side cut-outs add great edge. This dress is really suitable for any season. In Summer, wear it as is. In winter, wear a long sleeved top underneath with a pair of leggings and comfy boots or closed shoes. It's such a fun dress but can be dressed up too!

Talking about winter, that is exactly the season that is upon me right now. Weird, because I'm use to summer this time of the year. And I also prefer summer, of course. Oh well, 'tis the season to be jolly so jingle all the way into the new year, folks! I doubt I'll be posting anything in this year again, so enjoy the rest of 2016!

Cheers to 2017!










Dress  |  Tobi Keep It Simple Cut Out Shift (available in black)

Jacket  |  Ross

Shoes  |  Charlotte Russe

Earrings  |  Lovisa

Bag  |  Forever 21

Check out this cool suede dress at Zando.co.za:




And here's Kylie in that dress that got me obsessed with suede:






xoxo
Angel

No comments :

Post a Comment