29 August 2013

Miley Cyrus performance at the 2013 VMA's




Woah! Awkward. This is so embarrassing. Stop. No. OMG.

what

the

F

!!!


Those were the sequence of thoughts that popped into my (and many others) head and out of my mouth as I watched Miley Cyrus perform at the MTV video music awards on August 2013.



To be honest, I never really took an interest in the actress that played the ever so popular Hannah Montana.  Not that I took an interest in the character either.  It was just one of those things you can't avoid since it's all over the place.

I never took an interest .. until .. well .. I saw her climbing out of a giant teddy, awkwardly sticking her tongue out (over and over again) and doing some terribly embarrassing performance on stage at the VMA's...

Being the softy that I am, I actually felt so bad for her.  I just wanted her to stop embarrassing herself and wondered what the heck she was thinking? At times I felt compelled to just look away (something the rapper, Drake apparently did too) .

Although the show has had it's fair share of crazy performances over the years, this was just embarrassing.  Nothing more, nothing less.

She even upstaged Lady Gaga when it came to the weirdest act!





I am all for living your life and doing things the way that makes you happy.  That is what she is trying to bring across with the song and rebellious behavior, right? Not conforming to the norm and doing what society expects.  Living FREE and being yourself! But this is taking it to another level and was borderline disrespectful to the people who love her.  Especially the fans ( who by the way are mostly young teens ). I also wonder whether this IS really HER or just a way to gain popularity.

I have to sing along with the chorus:

Now do the crazy girl twerk, twerk, twerk. Do the crazy girl twerk, twerk twerk!

Miley may have received the most attention for the night, but certainly not all good attention. But hey, like they say. Negative attention is still attention.

Sad part about everything is that I think she may just be a very nice girl who really just wants to live her life the way she pleases. 'Without a care in the world.' I think she just chose the wrong way to bring that message across to the public at large. I sincerely hope things don't go as bad for as it did for Britney Spears, who just went downhill after her rebellious acts some years ago.

Miley needs to fire whoever lied to her and gave her the green flag for the ideas of this performance.

As for Mr. Robin Thick.


All I'll do it shake my head.

This shocks me every time lol


It's clear that she really wanted to be the talk of the show. I wonder if she wasn't perhaps high?

But without further ado, here is the much talked about performance:






Good luck Miley! She's still young and having fun (in her own way)

xoxo


No comments :

Post a Comment